Translate

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Temple



Within me a temple is built
on the rubble of the old
your hands have suggested it
your hand has been my hand
your eye has been my eye
as my hammer fashions stone by stone
what will support
Passion
as it rumbles through
every fiber, leaf
and star

Inside
Inside
you blaze in me
your beauty beyond my words to express
tearing me down to my most essential
building me up to my destiny
holding me humble and kind
smiling in the midst of this liquid glow
as blue moonlight moves from you
as sunlight grows in your womb
the promise of tomorrow
creation is our purpose
as what I bring flows into you
and back to me and back to you
looping
and flowing
beating down the shutters
tearing away all that is not necessary
we rest naked before it
seeking to give it voice.

No comments: