Translate

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

One Small Step For A Man

I have taken the step of sending my manuscript Waking The Infinite to someone who has worked in the publishing industry and who knows it from all angles.  The hope is that she will breeze through the book and find its worth taking on.  I will be utilizing this person's skill and eye to help polish the book into a proposal that I hope to turn into an accepted book contract.

The journey from a journal to a 750 page manuscript and then back down to about 260 pages has been a process that has taken me from those difficult days of struggling with my own egoic stuff to learning how to surrender and heal.  In the process some truly remarkable things have transpired.  I am not one to underplay the magic of life because I think that if we live lives like serious knitted-browed monks, we miss the great opportunity alive in wonder.  To be honest with you, I think that the most rewarding thing for me is in anchoring the childlike wonder which never left me and which keeps me forever young and vibrant.

I don't really know how long this stage is going to take.  Each step has been something of a challenge in that I do not consider myself a writers writer but rather someone with a story to tell....a story that I think can help to bring some awareness to the issue of awakening and to our own self made blinders.  Removing these can liberate us in ways I just can't describe except to say that it is all very good.

If the book is taken on by this editor I expect that I will be involved in still more rewrites, but this time with a different eye towards structure and how to tell the story in a way that will be more effective than if I had ploughed ahead on my own.  We all benefit from the feedback of others.

In the meantime, I will be looking for ways to get the children's stories published.  I am considering at least one project might be a self publishing effort and am considering some illustrators who might be good fits for some of them. Putting the very best of intentions forward, I am asking the universe to guide me perfectly as it has done in the past.  Fingers crossed.  And stay tuned.....

No comments: