Translate

Monday, September 30, 2013

The Fire

This Fire
which burns through
vein and muscle bone and nerve
casts knowing glances into my marrow
and echos your beating heart
in trebled metaphors
and conjugated miracles
with syntax as brilliant as the star from which you hail. 

We say this is all mystery
but really
the mystery is in choice
such a small price to pay for love
and belonging....

When fire strikes to my core
it reaches out through all universes
as the only thing that quells it is that spreading fire
or your smiling glance
your knowing smile
your rich laughter
and presence
setting me afire
an echo perfectly placed
in my heart.
This, something I doubt anyone
but you and I could appreciate....

All of this burns through me
returning me to simplicity
marking me forever
changing me for all-ways
this smoke is a prayer
that all will return to ash
and brilliance
as fire burns that which could not help but be set aflame....

No comments: