Translate

Saturday, December 26, 2009

dream

Sometimes dreams have been heralds for some new movement within. They can presage deeper knowing or material as it begins to perculate upwards.

I was dreaming that I was doing something....I was helping some people in my work. This was very much based on what has been going on in the day to day. What was different was that as I walked across a parking lot, I skipped and wound up jumping a good 50 feet into the air as if my step suddenly unleashed incredible energy....so much so that I wondered if my bones could handle the impact. I could feel my body as it began to twist in the dark air above all the lamplights. I was very careful about this because it seemed I could unleash this boundless energy in my step with the slightest bit of intention. I found myself shooting ever higher into the air. Imagine jumping up and then realizing you have just gone beyond the highest point where you normally can expect to jump into the air and then you exceed that distance by a factor of ten or more.....

Did I mention just how weighted down I have felt the last few days in my day to day? Oppressively so. So these dreams are like a gift from another part of me, signaling a deeper change inside, a very encouraging thing our innerself can do for its other parts.

These dreams have come at various stages in the process, and have always been very beneficial. In one dream I was lying on the ground and felt myself lifting off the ground. I lifted off the ground through surrender....I didn't know what surrender was abck then, but I know now that the dream was showing me this...relating information from other parts of me. I liked the feeling of lifting off the ground so much in the dream that I would meditate on that feeling while awake. Just by thinking ourselves lighter do we begin to catalyze change within us ina powerful way. A week or two before that dream I dreamed I was being born....literally reborn in the body of goddess....and looked on the inside walls of her womb as arteries became like sacred graffiti....and just having that dream felt as though it was signaling something important even if at the time I didn't feel like I had made substantive progress. We might still need to do all the other things we did before to help make the change inside, but perhaps we have another tool, a new method or means of shepherding that change within us. Likewise does it seems I need to think as vividly as I can about how it felt to spring upwards so energetically as I did in that dream......maybe a little joke that I need to get the spring back in my step....

....and in this case its a very big spring.

No comments: