Translate

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dragonland




He rides out on his horse, sword and shield in his hand...to protect that which threatens the town, or her honor....

Truth be told, its a marvelously romantic picture and points to a deeper truth which is that the dragons we slay we don't really slay....not really. In fact, we learn to accept and harness their great power. They are the shadow, and we, as knights and warriors must learn to plow the great ocean of our being in a way that is at once honorable and one of heart. Little else matters, for without this grounding, this vision, this connectedness to our greater selves, which is tied into our grace, we are locked up inside our smaller selves, bereft of the great storehouse of tools or resources which our greater being and becoming makes possible. What drives this is love. The more we love ourselves the more capable we are of reaching into the infinite. In fact, I am quite certain that this is the only way it can be done or has ever been done.

Buried deep in our brain is a small brain nesteld inside and its a perfect mirror of the reptilian brain. In it are all the things necessary to make a reptile the great beast it is, but it makes a poor bedfellow for our mammallian brain, which extends out from that, and into the next level of our becoming. Beyond that is our ape brain, which if correct is the part that extends us out beyond our immediate responses and allows us to elevate ourselves in a sense and dream of what is beyond. This is the secret of our triadic brain, and rather than refusing that the dragon is worthwhile we assume its there for a purpose and seek to find its purpose. For myself, the dragon in me is offering me a gift which is to teach me how to harness its power for good. That I am still fiddling with the harness shows me I have more work to do.

Walk with me.....I once was told about a dream a man had over and over. He would be pursued by werewolves. This dream haunted him, scared him...and would return over and over....one night as he stood there, pursued once again by these beasts, they got close to him. A while group of them had run him down and now, quite possibly, the unthinkable was going to happen. He stared into the eyes of the head wolf and as he did so he could see his own reflection in the eyes of the werewolf. What he saw was that he was also a werewolf. He stood there, amazed, and tranformed; his grimace was transformed into a smile as he and the werewolves took off running through the hills howling and having the greatest time. In effect he mastered his fear, and instead of obliterating it, he made it his ally. The zen masters speak of the great light also casting a great shadow, and so perhaps the difference is that for those who move forward in this, its that they don't mind that the shadow is there.

Unified, not repressed, utilized, not used.

Meanwhile the strain in the energetics creates a strain in the physical. Second chakra is getting it just now in a way it has never before, and I understand how dis-ease in ones energy field could manifest as disease in the body over time. This feels so physical yet I know it has its genesis in the straining of the energetics....this one feels like it goes deeper.....and it feels as if it has less reason or reasonableness about it. It generates a feeling of frustration, of pent up energy which is not flowing right. I keep trying to bring in the universal enery and as it does the sharpness eases, things soften, and begin to flow....but keeping it is hard. I feel like sleeping a lot, perhaps for a month. But I am sure that its something old that simply needs to be seen for what it is, forgiven, or healed, and sent on its way. It sure has a way of interupting the flow within, this is for sure. I feel as if my voice is muffled.....okay, so we give this one the attention it deserves....perhaps it needs to feel as if its been heard....but who knows what this thing is....what I am sure of is that if I ask I will eventually bump up against what it is that it is....

Maybe my knight in shining armor self can carry this stuff out beyond the edge of the kingdom and set it free......

No comments: