Translate

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Winter Stories


If you were to want to, I'd tell you stories on this night....my world just now contrast with yours.... being warm and bright and mine cold and dark. The skies have brought clouds heavy with snow, and everything goes quiet on nights like these. Its perfect weather for snuggling up and listening to your breath, resting a hand on a belly and feeling its gentle rumble as we chatter quietly the night away under covers that become curtains for a grand performance of old winter stories told when the earth is turning through its wintery course and minds are hungry for special tales that transport and engage while feeding the heart and the body between these kisses which are like.....well....there is nothing which they are like.

The sky is blurring from the snowfall, its blanketing most of the continent, least a wide swath of it. I will go up to my bed with its fresh sheets and blankets and open the blinds to reveal the snowy branches of the tree outside and I will think of you and feel a tinge of sadness in me for the yearning that is brought up within me....for the miles yet to travel, for the many roads already travelled. But I can also hear your voice rising and falling, so encouraging....moment by moment I align to This and find some healing there.

If you came tonight and lay next to me I'd trace across your arm these wide wide distances and bring them all to their end at the curl of your lip, at the dot of your eye. Your breath would be the final sigh as my hand encircled yours and felt its heft and size and its angular qualities and its softer fleshy parts-such a simple way to come to understand who you are in full.

So stories of frogs flying on backs of bats and bugs and friend not understanding will have to wait for now as you ready for your journey back to your home, back to where you call home. I will wait and pray safe passage for you even though I know in your heart is the one home I yearn most for.
I can't tell you how badly I miss you sometimes.....and just how strongly I feel like I want to be in your presence. I think it would be a huge relief to just lay down and be able to tell stories and talk and yammer and not yammer and play and cook and eat and just be simple but industrious.....

And the snow keeps falling in a mist, quieting everything down and I pray that someday I get snowed in with you so you can experience this quiet that I like so much.....but really, that would just be a plus because having you near me as I make some tea in the morning would be beyond belief. I think it would be heavenly. I think my head would spin.....maybe just a little.

No comments: