Translate

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Prayerful

I can remember reading how a native american man spoke of living his life like a prayer. I knew what prayer tended to be for many people growing up; you asked for things.....but I had the feeling like this man lived his life reverently. What did that mean or look like I wondered. I think that until you reach the point where you feel like you need to lead your life in this way it can be hard to know or wrap your head around since I think its about a call to refinement, an effort to improve oneself according to a divine plan, a larger sense of self and our place within that order.

I trust that in every moment I have the tools I need to achieve what is necessary for a better life.

I think what's different is that my life has been contained by a divinity that was dispersed or which stood at the edges of my awareness. Peak experiences often brought awareness of this self into focus, but more often than not, I was engaged in the day to day without a solid anchoring of this other sense of being or self. I knew there was a larger self, but in terms of experiencing it in a more direct way, there was a question in my mind about what that might look like. But with kundalini, its as if the focus has changed.....qualities have been highlighted, a process of refinement begun, and living your life like a prayer begins to be something that I can relate to much more....and its really nothing like what I grew up with in the church...THis man spoke of how he was growing more and more simple, that he'd be going back to the land, maybe just dissapear into the wilderness with his wife of many years, to be with nature in a cabin somewhere. Its in the silence, the stillness that a new movement is sensed sometimes.

Intent has so much to do with where our lives go. Cultivating a calm mind and a clear yet passionate heart feels about right. Finding solace within ones own sense of divine love also is important, or so my insides tell me. Finding this font of love will lead to something so amazing, so wonderful, its hard to believe one could feel such a thing. Yet I know that this is what we are deep down. Learning to cultivate a life of service to This feels like the single most important thing to do....my biggest challenge is being able to remain surrendered in the midst of challenging times.

No comments: