Translate

Monday, January 11, 2010

If

If I sat across from you
at some dinner function
would others see
the passion
which flows so easily
would it show up like a mist
turning out and turning in through us?

Would everyone just KNOW
made aware
by our Presence
vibrating in the moment
alive in the present
and thrumming with its magic
shaking all but the unshakable awake....
or mysteriously disquieted by the depth charge
constantly going off
like frozen explosions
giving off their power
one drop at a time
achingly slow
but palpable and real.

Would I be able to keep
my foot to myself
or would I have to be touching you
would I see the starry night in your gaze
or a river rushing through you
would I want only to dive in.
WOuld my words jumble up
as I tried to talk
when something else was traveling through me
with such speed,
fresh with possibility
fertile in its very being.

Would I feel funny
or would I toss caution to the wind
would people crane their necks around
to see what train moved through the hall
and would we be the least obvious
able to slip out into the cool night
and into the woods
to drop down into the waters
and swim naked
in the moonlight
free of pretense
and caution
and full of touch
and joy.

No comments: